Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Helgard Marais & Ons Huis Fundraising Raffle

During a recent Christmas market hosted by my charity Ons Huis in Pretoria, I decided that it was a good opportunity to support them during this event and also to draw attention to my involvement with this charity as a finalist for Mr. GSA 2014.

I booked a market spot and promoted my upcoming charity event where I would be raising funds in aid of Ons Huis Trust.



People at the market were very supportive and a lot of conservative people attended this market, it was also a great opportunity for me to introduce them to the Mr. GSA competition, what it stands for and what we do as finalists.


 
At some stages it needed fairly basic education for some people to grasp what "gay" means...hehe and it was great fun having to answer serious questions posed to me such as:
"So who is the man and who is the woman" :-)





It was great to support this cause and also have the opportunity to sell many tickets for my fundraising event, gaining more support for me as a Mr. GSA Finalist as well as for the charity, Ons Huis.

And the most rewarding part of the day was to spend some time with the some of the residents at Ons Huis. These mentally challenged adults and children amazed me with their kindness, wittiness and sense of humor...let a alone energy levels to admire!  They are an absolute volcano of joy and love. Truly humbling to to listen to some of their stories and interacting with them.







All these amazing "kids" want, is to give you love and be loved! Help me to support them! If you have not purchased your raffle tickets for the Helgard Marais & Ons Huis Fundraising Raffle to be held on 24 November 2013, Contact me now!

See previous post below for the official Fundraising invitation.









No comments:

Post a Comment